Friday, January 27, 2012

Project 52: | Remembering Our Angels

Motherhood is...
remembering our angels


Yesterday marked the one year anniversary of my grandpa's motorcycle accident.  I still can't get over how on earth it has been that long; I feel like it just happened yesterday.  There is not a day that goes by that I don't wish to God that Ke'alohi got to meet my grandparents.  They taught me the most important things you need in life: how to love your family, how to love your partner and how to love life.  The picture Ke'alohi is holding is of me when I was a baby with my grandparents.  This picture and frame was in my grandparents house and I cherish it, along with my memories of them, close to my heart.  

If you want to see more blogs also partaking in Project 52 check out Adventures in Mommyhood!Aubrey My LoveBugs and Boo-BoosCandice CravesCaynay PhotographyChronicles of KTCourtney Kirkland PhotographyThe Crain's NestDana Moran PhotographyThe Daulton DabblerEnglexasEverything EathertonFairy Wings and DinosaursFinding JoyFirecracker MamaFrom Stanwood to SeoulGin and Juice BoxesHeather Marie PortraitsIt's a Strange and Lovely RideKate L PhotographyKeeping Up With the CartersKim Percival PhotographyLizzi PhotographyMcLain Padilla PhotographyMist MomentsMoments and ImpressionsThe Mommyhood MemosMoxie MadeMy Tot TravelsNavigating the MothershipOhh the Places We'll GoPhreckle Face PhotographyQuiet FootstepsRachel Gray PhotographyThe RobersonsShades of BlissShutter MamaSimply UsStyleberryBlogThe Todd'sWe Aren't Scared of SugarWe're Better TogetherWicked Kate and Z as in Zebra.  If anyone else is doing Project 52 and want to link blogs, please leave a link to your website in the comments so that we can link together!

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog, you really have a cool blog and i look forward being part of it. I followed via GFC!. Wishing you a great weekend..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is precious, Mahina. Remembering your grandpa will create a special memory for your sweet girl. I wish she could have known him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you will have so many stories to tell your precious daughter about her great grandparents. My grandpa passed away shortly before Eden was born and while I wish he could have met her, I know that it is just that much more important for me to share the memories with her. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sweet. I am going to start over with my project 52 (48??) in February. I lost track lately and found it really difficult to have pictures involving me. So I will probably start again with the same motherhood theme. Goodness knows I have enough pictures of my girls :) Love your picture this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so sweet. My mom passed away shortly after my son was born and while I'm so happy she got to meet him, I wish they'd had more time. That is a sweet idea for a picture!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry for your loss. Losing your grandparents is something I don't think anyone ever gets over. What a beautiful photo!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet picture and sweet memories!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thats really beautiful, i miss my mum and dad everyday. great blog xx

    found you on monday blog hop xx
    www.dream1ncolour.com
    aimeesbaby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwww that's beautiful! Grandparents are so wonderful. I miss my Grandma every day and it's been 12 years! I also wish my kids would have been able to meet her. But I believe we have parts of them in us that our kids can enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm very sorry for your loss. :( Thats a very touching photo. Always tell her stories about them, make them come alive for her- she will feel as if she got the chance to know them.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Grandparents are such important part of our lives and our children's lives. Sorry for you loss but what a great thing to always keep them in your thoughts. I've added your blog to the list of blogs doing Poject 52 posts. Thank you for adding mine (My Tot Travels)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Visiting from Moms Bookshelf blog hop

    www.linorstorecom.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Visiting from the blog hop and I hope your day is great. I know those anniversaries can be tough. I lost both of my parents and the one year marker felt almost as painful as the day itself. From my experience, it definitely gets better! I love the picture and your daughter - she is SO beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your photo. Would love to link up. Here's my blog again:
    www.whichsideofthetable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. So sorry for you... this photo is so touching and sweet.

    ReplyDelete