Saturday, December 31, 2011

Reflections on 2011...

This year has gone by so fast!  I still can't believe everything that has happened in the last 12 months.  We've been able to experience some of the highest highs we have ever had with Ke'alohi.  She has brought more joy into our lives that I thought possible.  I look back at my life and there are certain milestones that I feel like defined me, but nothing has defined me more than having her.  Yes, I can be labeled a Hawaiian, a college graduate, a daughter and a wife, but no label means more to me than "mom."

With every great year brings some sad times.  The joy that Ke'alohi brings eases but doesn't completely mend the pain from losing my last two grandparents this year.  Grandpa Pauline was such a strong and great woman and I am so lucky to have known her.  Grandpa Ben was taken from us so suddenly that there are still times when I forget for an instant that he is no longer here. More than anything, I wish they could have both met Ke'alohi.

2011 was an incredible year and one that we will never forget.  I can only hope that 2012 bring us as much joy!

1 comment:

  1. In 2011, Ke'alohi brought all of us so much laughter and joy. We look forward to many more years with her!! (oops, and with you two, too!)

    ReplyDelete