Sunday, April 17, 2011

A SURPRISE Baby Shower...

It is really hard to surprise me, really hard.  Ask Lucas or my parents, anytime around my birthday or Christmas the snooping and the questions start.  There are two ways I find out what people are getting me, I either find out with my snooping, or I question them to death that they finally give in and tell me what they got me.  Hahaha.  I know its not one of my greatest qualities, but I can't help it; I need to know what is going on!  That is what surprised me most about this surprise baby shower; I was actually SURPRISED!  
Even though I have only been with my hula halau for just under a year, they really know what the term "hula sister' means.  From the first practice they have taken me in like I have been there for years.  This whole surprise shower started off with me thinking that my hula sister Nani wanted to have Lucas and I over for lunch to meet their newest dog and to see their new lanai that they built.  Looking back on it now, I should have known that something was up when Lucas shaved that morning and said that I should try to look "presentable" for this lunch.  
When we got there I was surprised to tears and had a wonderful afternoon eating, playing games and decorating onesies.  The star of the show wasn't a game, present or an activity; it was the chocolate fountain!  We all huddled around the machine dipping everything from strawberry to lady fingers in the chocolate.  Halfway through the shower they added a little kahlua to "start the party," which is where I got cut off from the fun.  We were blessed with more presents for the baby and were overwhelmed by all the love and support from my hula sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment