Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sugar, Sugar, Sugar - Round 1!

Today I had to take my 1-hour glucose test.  For a normal person, I'm sure this wouldn't be too bad, but for me, a person who HATES/LOATHES taking liquid medicines, this was absolutely cruel and unusual punishment.  Ever since I can remember, I have always opted out of taking the liquid version of medicines because I have the gag-reflux of a toddler.  But being that I know I have to be tough for this baby I was willing to take on this task only if the flavors they gave me were not grape or cherry flavored.  You see, these two flavors, no matter if they are juice, water, or candy, remind me of dimetapp.  Sadly, when I walked into the doctors office, and they handed me the cup of liquid, I instantly knew that it was CHERRY.  Gross, yuck, disgusting are the first words that come to my mind.  I squeezed Lucas' hand and chugged that drink and spent the next hour holding it down.  We will get the results at the next doctor's appointment.

On a brighter note, like there was one that day, we got to see our little one on the ultrasound machine and everything looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment