Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mele Kalikimaka!

It's Ke'alohi's First Christmas!  I can't believe it's already here because I remember last year when it was just Lucas and I and we were talking about how next year we will have our baby!  Crazy!  This morning we woke up and Santa and his reindeer had been here.  Cookie crumbs, carrot pieces and slobbery water had been left for us to clean up.  It's a small price to pay for the gifts he left us.  Santa brought Ke'alohi Leap Frog's My Pal Violet, a talking and singing dog, and a LMU cheerleader shirt.  Santa got me earrings, Lucas a Best Buy gift card and Kai two shirts.  Isn't Santa great?!?

After Santa's presents we got ready for the rest of the day and changed out of our pajamas.  We were so blessed to have so many presents, especially for Ke'alohi.  She totally scored awesome toys, clothes, a beautiful needlepoint by my mom and her first pair of diamond earrings from Mommy and Daddy.  For lunch, we had our usual BLTs and hung out all afternoon while my dad cooked Christmas dinner.  

Uncle Harry, my grandma's brother, came over for dinner and to open the last of the Christmas presents.  It was so much fun talking to him about the "old days" and hearing him talk about being in the Army.  Kai, Lucas and Uncle Harry could be heard laughing from downstairs while they were looking at old pictures of Uncle Harry, Granny and Grandpa.

Lucas and I are so lucky to have spent Ke'alohi's first Christmas in Hawaii and with my family.  It was truly a day to remember and we are so grateful that my parents made this all happen by giving our Christmas present a little early, our tickets to come home.  Thanks Puna and Opa!

1 comment:

  1. You are most welcome! It was truly wonderful having all of us home together! We will treasure this forever!

    ReplyDelete