Thursday, September 8, 2011

Visit with My Family in Iowa

On this trip, we were only expecting to spend time with my parents but an unfortunate event led us to Iowa for a funeral.  Not the best circumstances for Ke'alohi to meet the rest of the family.  My aunt's mother, Grandma Fran, passed away.  She was a great woman who lived to the age of 97.  Grandma Fran was from Iowa so all the family met back in Des Moines to celebrate her life.

Ke'alohi got to see Uncle Larry, Auntie Lisa, Aunt Diana and cousins Kirk, Krissa, Annamarie, Jason, Dominic, Xavier, Mary Frances and Josephine.  It was so great to see everyone!

After Grandma Fran's service, we all went out to dinner and really got to catch up and see how everyone was doing.  I got to pick Annamarie's brain on child-rearing because she is a mom of FOUR!  I thought having one was hard enough.  Jason and Annamarie have four little ones under the age of seven!

Even though it was an emotional couple of days, it was so nice to see our family and for them to meet Ke'alohi.  I can't wait to see them again and for the rest of the family to meet Lucas!

No comments:

Post a Comment