Monday, September 26, 2011

First Night Sleeping in the Crib!

It is with a surprisingly heavy heart that I write that Ke'alohi is no longer sleeping in our room next to us in her bassinet.  When we first got pregnant, I really only pictured her sleeping in her crib from the beginning.  As we got closer to my due date, we realized that with my mom staying with us to help out, it would be easier for everyone if Ke'alohi stayed in our bedroom in the beginning because of all the late night feedings.  We planned on moving her to her own room once my mom left at six weeks.

Well that obviously came and went as I made up more and more reasons/excuses why she should stay with us.  We have now reached the point where she is growing out of her bassinet and Lucas made the call that she is old enough to sleep on her own.  She did great, only waking up once at 2:30 am for a quick late night snack and went back to bed with ease.

I'm sure it will be too soon when we will need to lower her mattress and convert her crib into the toddler bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment