Friday, May 27, 2011

And Baby Makes Three!

As you all know, at Wednesday's appointment, my blood pressure had risen and Dr. Wyatt was a bit concerned.  He put me on 24 hour bed rest and we saw him again yesterday.  At yesterday's appointment my blood pressure was still high and that I might have pregnancy induced hypertension and was developing pre-eclampsia.  He made the decision that we should induce labor and walked us over to labor and delivery.  I know it sounds naive of me but I really thought I would go into labor like how it happens in the movies: either in the middle of the night or while I was out shopping.  I never in a million years thought that a normal doctor's appointment would turn into going directly to labor and delivery.  I was totally not prepared to be admitted that day but luckily my mom had just gotten in the night before from Hawaii and helped calm my nerves.

At 3 pm, I was hooked up to an IV and given magnesium to lower my blood pressure and pitocin to induce labor.  At 2 am, my water broke and that's when I finally came to the realization that the baby was coming.  I know what you are thinking, "Didn't the doctor's appointment, the walk over to labor and delivery or the night spent in the hospital give me any indication that the baby was coming?" Nope, I was still in denial.  The induction process was a long process and not without complications.  In the early morning hours, after my water broke and I got an epidural, my oxygen levels dropped and the baby's heart rate dropped when I would have a contraction.  So after 16 hours of labor, Dr. Wyatt made the decision that it would be best for the baby and I, if he performed an emergency c-section.

At 8:55 am, on May 27, 2011, we had a GIRL!  Ke'alohilani Amelia Jade Sayin was born weighing 8 pounds, 9 ounces and measuring 21.25 inches long.

She is the most beautiful little baby girl (Okay, I might be a little biased.) and is perfect in every way.  After we had her, I was able to spend a few minutes with her and Lucas before the nurses had to take me to recovery and Ke'alohi to the nursery to get bathed and checked out.  


All in all, we are elated and so blessed to have her in our lives!

No comments:

Post a Comment